Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Pledge on Teacher's Day

Kalam makes teachers take pledge
(IANS)



Kalam makes teachers take pledge Posted on 28 Hours,23 minutes Ago
New Delhi, Sep 5 : The didactic President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Monday took the occasion of teachers' day to administer a pledge to teachers on loving their job, committing their life to it and creating enlightened beings. As he presented the national awards to teachers for the year 2004, Kalam made a gathering of teachers repeat his 10-point pledge after him.
"I will love teaching. Teaching will be my soul. I will be fully committed to the great mission of teaching.
I will consider myself to be a great teacher only when I am capable of elevating the average student to a high performance. I will organise and conduct my life, in such a way that my life itself is a message for my students.
I will encourage the students and children to ask questions and develop the spirit of enquiry, so that they blossom into creative enlightened citizens. I will treat all students equally and will not support any differentiation on account of religion, community or language. I will constantly endeavour to fill my mind with great thoughts and spread nobility in thinking and action among my students.
I will always celebrate the success of my students. I will continuously build capacities in teaching for imparting quality education to students. I realize by being a teacher, I am making an important contribution to the efforts of national development."
Kalam also urged teachers to infuse the "beauty of science" into teaching, to draw from the freedom to think and imagine and encourage inquiry. "Eventually, the teacher has to create a life long autonomous learner who will blossom into an enlightened citizen," the president said, reminding the gathering that he himself was a teacher. The birth anniversary of former president and educationist Servapalli Radhakrishnan is celebrated as the teachers' day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

nice post ... Dr. Kalam is really a great personality.....keep it up.

3:16 PM  
Blogger soumya said...

Dr Kalam teaches by his example ... even when being far away from the student ...

1:59 AM  
Blogger anandsharma said...

avik:we meet for the first time through your comment.I have also visited your blog.Shall comment separately.Thanx.
Soumya;Hi.Know you thru your blog.Dr. Kalam is a nice role model.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|