Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Indian writers

I am a voracious reader of literature but i confess that i dont read many indian writers.Why i do this ,is difficult to answer.Maha Shweta Devi,Amrita Pritam,Prem Chand ,Tagore are some Indian writers whose works have also been translated in English .Faiz is another famous name.Arundhati Roy's The God of small things was really impactful.There is some complex(?) that Indian works are inferior.Also the marketing by Indian publishers leaves much to be desired.It makes me think how we should improve this situation.Sometimes a nagging doubt crosses my mind that like poor performance of India in Olympics ,may be ,...we are not good enough at literature also.Any ideas?

1 Comments:

Blogger TS said...

Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|